Tuesday 24 January 2012

What are Lync Response Groups

A customer asked me a question today, in simple terms what is a response group? It’s a queue of agents which you can connect to either by calling a DID, or selecting the response group in your contacts list.

It’s essentially skills based routing.

I’ve configured one a response group for (4Logic Support Desk). This is configured as a hunt group, which means I can present the it with a DID and people will be able to contact a support agent. I have also added myself as an agent in the 4Logic Support Desk.


When I sign into Lync, it informs me that I have been added to the Line Hunt. There are two modes of participation in a Response Group, formal or informal. Formal is where I can choose to be signed into the Response Group and informal is where I have no choice. I have configured 4Logic Support Desk as formal participation.


To sign into this group I click settings > tools > response group settings:


This opens a website which allows me to sign into the response group:


I can now receive calls for the 4Logic Support Desk and call out as the 4Logic Support Desk.


No comments:

Post a Comment